Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thanksgiving


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving weekend. I think the holidays are beginning to mean more and more to us as Brayden gets older and we add to our family. We have so much to be thankful for this year. We are all healthy and happy and we are so excited for our 2nd baby to arrive in March. This pregnancy has been great. We have wonderful family and friends (although we may not see you all as often as we would like).



Thanksgiving Day we made breakfast at home, just the 3 of us. Later in the day we went to Grandma and Grandpa Egan's to hang out and open the Thanksgiving pie. The Thanksgiving pie is a tradition that my grandma, "Bunni" started long ago. It is a package that arrives in the mail sometime during the week before Thanksgiving. It is filled with individually wrapped gifts for each of the members of our Egan family. This year, Brayden enjoyed opening all of our gifts for us. Usually we go from youngest to oldest, but this year obviously was a little less organized! I can't wait to see how Brayden is at Christmas!



Later in the afternoon we went to my Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Ed McMahon's house for dinner. I love their house. It is Thanksgiving to me. It is warm and cozy and the food is...delicious. Brayden enjoyed playing with his cousin Riley and the "Big Cousins" in the basement. He played pool and tools.



Friday I took Brayden downtown to meet Tyler for lunch. Brayden loves going downtown and seeing all the "skyscrapers!" (Hahaha...) We had a really nice lunch and visit.



The rest of the weekend was for relaxing. Friday night we had friends over for dinner and Saturday Brayden spent the night at my parents house. Tyler and I being the wild crazy couple that we are, stayed in and painted the nursery. Technically we painted 2 walls, that we were just "freshening up" but we both hate the color! This has never happened to us! Oh, well. We decided it just meant another sleep over and another night in for Tyler and I... and more calzones from Tony M's!! YUM!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment